There are 4 simple steps we want you to follow to make progress with your nutrition
- Write a simple list of possible next steps
- Choose 1 next step and test it
- Check what happens over the week
- Make a decision on keeping or changing the step
No restrictions, detox plans, or rules that will set you up to fail.
- Write down what your goal is
- Tone up
- Get in shape
- Reduce belly fat
- Look better for my holiday
- Look good for an upcoming occasion
- Improve performance for my sports
- Improve my health by changing my habits
- Increase energy and vitality
You can choose from this list or come up with your own version.
- Write down where you want to be with this goal this time next year.
This will help you come up with the simple actions that will make the habit sustainable rather than just short-lived.
The habit that is sustainable over 1 year will likely be smaller than you are thinking – so think small.
To help you choose the action here is a list of areas that our clients have benefited from in making small sustainable changes. Look through the list and choose just 1 area where you would like to start to make a change and monitor it for 1 week.
- Too many processed foods
- Not eating enough natural food
- Missing basic nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Not enough water
- Too many sugar-sweetened drinks
- Too much alcohol
- Not satisfied by meals
- Eat too quickly whilst distracted
- Struggle to know when full or hungry
- Irregular eating or meal times
- Restrictive, controlling, bingeing eating habits
- Under eating/ strict control
- Using food to manage feelings – i.e. boredom or stress
Exercise & Activity
- Not getting enough regular activity
- Too much training and not managing training loads
- Not getting enough sleep
- Not getting enough recovery
- Too much time in stress
- Not enough relaxation time
Food & Cooking Skills
- Lack of basic skills or confidence in the kitchen
- Basic shopping and food awareness (label information on foods)
- Assertiveness skills: saying no to people
- Making impulsive choices
- Feeling too busy or rushed
- Not having good food options available
- All or nothing thinking (yo-yo dieting, restrictive food plans, big diet challenges).
- Fixed Mindset (I don’t have what it takes self-talk)
- Busy and stressed, overwhelming life demands, rushed and pressured
- An environment that requires too much active willpower and mental strength to stay on track
- Unsupportive social networks (family, friends, co-workers, etc.)
- Too much stimulation or stress at “down times” i.e. just before bed
Pick the top 3-5 actions that you want to take. Then you are going to focus on ONLY 1.
Set the following actions for your first Month below
This month I will….
This week I will….
Today I will…
Finally, check that you are 9/10 confident that you can complete today’s task. If you are confident then off you go. If less than a 9 then make the task simpler and do that. The aim is to be successful at a simple task you aren’t currently doing. Not set a hard task and then try and complete it.
- You can add any new action from the list once you feel the last action has been consistent. This is normally over 2-4 weeks.
Steadily, this approach will transform your approach with nutrition in a manageable sustainable way.
Aim to complete 2 Actions per month, so over 12 weeks, you should have taken on 6 new actions from the list.
If you don’t complete the task then either make it simpler or change the task for the one you prefer.
Here is an example to help you out.
Goal: Tone up, lose weight, and feel healthier with more energy
In 12 Months: I will have a toned stomach, butt, arms, and legs and have enough energy to do a 5k park run at the weekends with the kids as well as having time and energy to spend quality family time in the evenings and at weekends.
My list of potential actions is:
- Eating more natural nutritious foods
- Drinking more water
- Be more regular with my meals
- Get more sleep
- Reduce stress around bedtime
This month I will: Focus on eating more nutritious foods
This week I will: Add vegetables to 2 meals per day
Today I will: Shop for veg in my lunch breaks and cook them tonight in preparation for tomorrow.
Level of confidence 10/10
Get started today…
Your chance to get the full health & wellness experience.Get Started Today