With a combined 20 years of working in the fitness industry, we have had some time to consider the strengths and weaknesses of what is on offer to the public.
We have worked as Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers in numerous gyms.
We have mentored, trained, and educated Personal Trainers.
We have studied BScs and MScs in Exercise Science and Physiology, have certificates in Strength & Conditioning, and qualifications in coaching and psychology.
We have been on countless industry courses. The good the bad and the ugly.
We have seen much, if not all, of what the industry has to offer.
There are a lot of strengths and great things out there to help you get fit, healthy, lean, and all the benefits that come along with that.
There are also a lot of weaknesses…
- Low barriers to entry – you can become a PT with just 6 weeks of training
- Unprofessional trainers that offer terrible service
- Poorly educated staff and instructors that don’t stay around and are unreliable
- Trainers that are more interested in their physique than your progress
- Untidy gyms
- Complicated and unnecessary equipment
- Misguided nutrition information
Just to name a few….
Unfortunately, as an industry, we are failing…drastically…
Today, many of us have accepted a lower standard of health and fitness, in ourselves and with what we accept as a health and fitness service.
- We are more overweight as a nation. In 2014 62% of adults in England were classified as overweight (a body mass index of 25 or above) or obese, compared to 53% 20 years earlier. More than two-thirds of men and almost six in 10 women are overweight or obese.
- More inactive. In 2013 the Guardian Newspaper reported on a study finding 80% of the UK to be below the Government guidelines for physical activity.
- More illness and disease In 2013 the BBC News reported the 5 big killers – heart disease, stroke, cancer, lung and liver disease – account for more than 150,000 deaths a year among under-75s in England alone and the Department of Health estimates 30,000 of these are entirely avoidable.
- We have aches & pains in our shoulders, backs, and knees
- We have no energy through the day and wake up exhausted to work long hours
- We walk up a flight of stairs and are out of breath
It’s not like we aren’t trying. As a nation, we are spending more and more money on gyms and sports activities.
So with all these products and services available and people consuming them in their £millions, why is it not working???
The poor health stats above are despite a 44% increase in UK gym membership spending through 2015 and this trend has continued through 2017.
This leads us to the main problem
You are spending the money on it, but not getting results
The problem is we don’t have the right answer.
Joining a gym doesn’t work.
Or it only works if you apply the 3 principles we have noticed.
What happens when you join a gym?
Essentially you are renting a huge room of equipment you don’t know how to use.
You don’t know how to use it because you only get 10 minutes of the Fitness Instructors time who has been in the industry for less than a year.
Then you are left to your own devices to pursue your ideal body.
No idea if what you are doing is working
No reason to turn up 3-4 times per week once the novelty wears off
Is it any wonder you end up right back where you started and a few ££ worse off?
So what is the answer?
Well, imagine a gym where everything was set up around YOU!
- You aren’t ignored after you have signed up – you are welcomed, assessed, specifically programmed for, put in a group of similar ability, and given specific coaching points and nutrition advice.
- A high-quality environment with experienced trainers that meet you for your appointments each week and take you through your hour of training beginning to end
- Exercise sessions that are tailored to you whilst getting the benefit of training in small, friendly, supportive teams for maximum progress
- Training that is progressed, tracked, and fed back to you every single week so you can see and feel your progress
- Fun, exciting, and challenging workouts with a focus for each week to keep you motivated
- All your measures and stats covered in monthly assessments
- An amazing team environment where you can be sure you get the exercises right and don’t injure yourself – no judgment, just support
The focus is on you, your progress, your results, your program. Value for you!
We set up Thrive because we were tired of working in gyms that don’t work.
We are a Personal Training facility.
We differ from mainstream gyms as we are not driving for a high volume of memberships. We are focused on the quality of your workouts, your training environment, the results you get, and building a supportive community.
Everyone gets started on our Kickstarter Program which includes 3 coaching sessions and 3 classes per week including personalised nutrition coaching, ongoing training tracking, assessments, and individual reviews.
We have a cap on our membership numbers to keep the community small and personal. We are here to help, support, and guide you.
We work together with individuals from day one with movement assessments and get to know your individual wants and needs.
We are not selling a membership, we are here to tailor the training and nutrition around you.
Thrive is here to help people train properly, regardless of experience, confidence, or fitness levels.
Your chance to get the full health & wellness experience.Get Started Today