Why is change necessary?
With a combined 20 years of working in the fitness industry, we have had some time to consider the strengths and weaknesses of what is on offer.
We have worked as Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers in numerous gyms.
We have mentored, trained, and educated Personal Trainers.
We have studied BScs and MScs in Exercise Science and Physiology. We have certificates in Strength & Conditioning and qualifications in coaching and psychology.
We have seen much, if not all, of what the industry has to offer.
There are a lot of strengths and great things out there to help you get fit, healthy, lean, and all the benefits that come along with that.
There are also a lot of weaknesses.
Here are some that you might want to sidestep on the way to your health, fitness, and wellness goals.
- Low barriers to entry – Did you know Personal Trainers might become qualified with just 6 weeks of training?
- Unprofessional trainers that offer terrible service
- Poorly educated staff and instructors that don’t stay around in their jobs and are unreliable
- Trainers that are more interested in their physique than your progress
- Untidy gyms
- Complicated equipment
- Misguided nutrition information
- Gyms that sell you the dream but offer only a room of most expensive and unnecessary equipment
Just to name a few….
Unfortunately, as an industry, we are failing…drastically…
Today, many of us have accepted a lower standard of health and fitness, in ourselves and with what we accept as a health and fitness service.
- We are more overweight as a nation. In 2014, 62% of adults in England were classified as overweight (a body mass index of 25 or above) or obese, compared to 53% 20 years earlier. More than two-thirds of men and almost six in 10 women are overweight or obese.
- More inactive. In 2013 the Guardian Newspaper reported on a study finding 80% of the UK to be below the Government guidelines for physical activity.
- More illness and disease. In 2013 the BBC News reported the 5 big killers – heart disease, stroke, cancer, lung, and liver disease – account for more than 150,000 deaths a year among under-75s in England alone and the Department of Health estimates 30,000 of these are entirely avoidable.
- We have aches & pains in our shoulders, backs, and knees
- We have no energy through the day and wake up exhausted to work long hours
- We walk up a flight of stairs and are out of breath
It’s not like we aren’t trying. As a nation, we are spending more and more money on gyms and sports activities.
So with all these products and services available and people consuming them in their £millions, there has been a 44% increase in UK gym membership spending through 2015, and this trend has continued through 2017.
Why is it not working???
You are spending the money on it, but not getting results
This leads us to the root of the problem.
Joining a gym doesn’t work!
Or it only works if you apply the 3 principles we have noticed. You have to go further and invest more than simply joining.
What happens when you join a gym?
Essentially you are renting a huge room of equipment you don’t know how to use.
You don’t know how to use it because you only get 10 minutes of a Fitness Instructor’s time who has usually been in the industry for less than a year.
Then you are left to your own devices to pursue your ideal body.
No idea if what you are doing is working
No reason to turn up 2-3 times per week once the novelty wears off
Is it any wonder you end up right back where you started and a few ££ worse off?
So what is the answer?
Well, imagine a gym where everything was set up around YOU!
- You aren’t ignored after you have signed up – you are welcomed, assessed, specifically programmed for, put in a similar group of similar ability, and given specific coaching points and nutrition advice.
- A high-quality environment with experienced trainers that meet you for your appointments each week and take you through your hour of training beginning to end
- Exercise sessions that are tailored to you whilst getting the benefit of training in small, friendly, supportive teams for maximum progress
- Training that is progressed, tracked, and fed back to you every single week so you can see and feel your progress
- Fun, exciting, and challenging workouts with a focus for each week to keep you motivated
- All your measures and stats covered in monthly assessments
- An amazing team environment where you can be sure you get the exercises right and don’t injure yourself – no judgment, just support
The focus is on you, your progress, your results, and your program. Value for you!
What do I actually get at Thrive?
What does this include?
This is our most popular service and the one we recommend for most people
This type of training allows us to get the best of both worlds.
You benefit from individual attention from our experienced coaches whilst training in a highly motivating and supportive group environment.
You will train in a 50-minute session overseen by an experienced coach giving you specific coaching tips to ensure you are doing it right.
You have a set monthly program specific to your current level of fitness that is individually tracked and progressed session-by-session, month-by-month.
The group of 4 members to one coach allows us to keep the sessions filled with energy, specific coaching, and focused progress for each individual.
These training sessions are fully integrated with our Myzone training & Precision Nutrition tracking systems. This means your heart rate is tracked and visible through every training session so you know how hard you are working and how you are progressing.
The Precision Nutrition process means we can ensure that you are getting all the benefits out of your training by backing it up with a realistic, results-driven nutrition package. No unrealistic, strict, or restrictive diet plans.
All your individual stats, measures, training, and nutrition are tracked centrally; all you need to do is turn up for the session.
Every 12 weeks you will undertake a series of measurements and an InBody body composition measurement to track your progress.
You will also have access to our monthly Nutrition seminars to introduce new topics and tips on how to follow your nutrition plan.
Finally, you also have access to all our conditioning sessions and you can come into the facility to train by yourself any time you like.
What more could you need??
What are the benefits?
- Set appointments for you to turn up to each week to keep you motivated
- Experienced coaches that understand your background and can push you at the appropriate level
- The motivational benefit of a small team environment to support you and help you progress
- The confidence to know you are doing the exercises correctly and getting the benefit
- A progressed program each month specific to you so you are sure to progress and get results
- Feedback on your heart rate in training sessions and how much work completed all tracked centrally so you can have access and be motivated by your progress – actually see your numbers improving workout by workout
- The nutrition plan and feedback to get the best results
- Measurement every 12 weeks to track real results
What does this include?
This is a complete analysis and coaching session around your nutrition and lifestyle habits.
Team Training Members often use this service to supplement their Precision Nutrition Plan or Semi-Private Members who want extra help in this area to take on the nutrition consultation.
The session includes the following
- InBody Body Composition Assessment
- Consultation on your lifestyle habits including sleep & stress that may impact on your nutrition behaviours
- Ongoing tracking and accountability with a coach
- Reasonable expectations to progress at your pace
What is the benefit of coming to Thrive rather than just joining another gym?
Thrive is all about value for you, the individual member.
It is about your experience every time you come to the gym, your results. By joining Thrive in comparison to a regular gym membership here is what you get
- The confidence to come into an environment with no attitude, posing in the mirrors or egos
- The confidence to know that you are doing the exercises correctly
- A vast choice of weekly scheduled appointments to fit your commitments outside the gym to ensure you actually attend
- A friendly warm environment where you feel welcome and valued, not just a number in the gym
- All the support you need including your specific program, coaching through your workout, your own small team, and the results you are getting as you train!
- An updated program every month based on your current abilities for you to progress. You will know what to do from the moment you arrive until the time you leave and can be confident it is working.
- A comprehensive nutrition plan alongside your training
- Consistent body composition measures to accurately ensure progress is tracked
- All your exercise information tracked centrally with access to it so you can review progress
- A community and group that you can connect with and rely on
Your chance to get the full health & wellness experience.Get Started Today